Monday, September 5, 2016

Aloha,
I just returned from another great unforgettable ICYPAA in Nashville, TN.  Attendance recorded over 3100.  An average number that filled the halls of the Gaylord.
I met wonderful people from Japan to Albany, NY.  I met newcomers at their first conference ever and the returning members that were there when this was in Nashville in 1988.  The outstanding speakers that spoke candidly and from their heart and soul touched everyone in the conference.  The countdowns - by location and by sober dates was an experience I'm glad I didn't miss.  They started with a man that had 61 years and ended with a line up of 12 one day sober folks.  There is still more work to be done in helping others.  Speaking of helping others, the bid sessions were once again full of fun, creativity and a clear message that they know how to correctly carry the message of sobriety.
The dances were awesome.  Gold Party was full of people all dressed in Gold and Glitter.  Somehow I missed that memo to dress up in Gold or I would have too.  I'll pay more attention to next year's program and keep you in the loop too.  It is super fun to dance when T-Rex pops in and dances too - see my Travelele YouTube channel.  The almost naked all night party was the happening spot at the pool.  Thanks host committee for setting that up. The panels and workshops were very informative and meeting GSO members were a real treat.  Now I do not feel bad about missing our Hawaii Forum on the Big Island at the end of this month.  And finally, the Archives room continues to be the gathering spot for our ICY-groupies that have been coming to this conference for as much as 45 to me, 21 conferences out of the 58 that have occurred.  The Archives room is a time to go down memory lane and share them with each other and interested newbies.  

 I've come home with a smiley feeling and I'm full of hugs, sweet memories and my heart is filled by mine kind of people: they love to carry the message, they love to play "love thy neighbor", they love to talk about things that matter, they know and understand and live life on 12, 24, 36 Spiritual Principles.  


No comments:

Post a Comment